I'm done. And, done! Here is the current status in our house.
1. I turned in everything I could at 12:00 midnight last night. Damn. I did not finish one of my assignments. I am feeling REALLY down on myself right now. Are there reasons why I didn't finish LAST NIGHT????? Yup. Do any of them change the fact that I shouldn't have been finished 4 assignments last night? Nope. It just sucks. I screwed up. Not sure what the ramifications are yet. We'll see.
2. The Princess is WAY better but not before scaring the pants off me. In the midst of my cram session yesterday, I checked her temp at she was at 101.2. So, I gave her a dose of ibuprofen. 1/2 hour later, I checked her again -- still hot (really hot). Took her temp 103.9. Yup. That's a nice thing to see on the thermometer. So, I called the doctor who hadn't returned Mr Wonderful's call of that morning. The receptionist was not real helpful but she did finally figure out what to do and handed me off to a nurse. The nurse was awesome. Told me to give her Tylenol while she went and talked to the doctor. So, dosed her with liquid Tylenol (not an easy task -- she hates medicine) and waited. They called in a prescription for me to Walgreen's. And told me to give her a cool bath. Fortunately, this was when Mr W got off the phone (poor guy -- he's been swampped too) and took over. Gave her the bath (taking her temp right along) and let me know when she was down to 100.2 again. Whew! Then he went and got her meds (and got himself a glucose tester -- more on that later). With two doses of antibiotics in her, she hasn't needed any fever meds. Her temp got up to 100.2 again this morning but was at 97.7 (normal for her) this morning. YAY! First time she's had a temp below 99 since Monday night.
3. I was up until 1:45 last night (too much caffeine) but the wonderful family let me sleep in until 10:05 this morning. Wow! That was NICE!
4. There are ANTS all over my kitchen. Okay, to be fair, I have dealt with MUCH worse invasions but still. Mr Wonderful is working on it but enough already. Getting up to make my coffee in the morning and finding 40,000 ants crawling around my sink is NOT a good way to start the day.
5. Mr W is (or may be) pre-diabetic. He's been seeing a nutritionist and is taking it VERY seriously. We've made some simple changes to his (and our diet). The good news is that I got MY blood test results back. Given my weight, we were both concerned. However, I'm GOLDEN! All my numbers were in the normal range, most of them smackdab in the middle of the range. Hilarious. Thankfully, Mr W is not the petty type and is happy for me. :) As mentioned above, he got a glucometer for himself. He's going to test his blood sugar several times a day. The idea is to find out if he REALLY has a problem or not. So far, so good. But, he's also tested me. This morning, I was at 135 after my morning coffee. But, a few minutes ago, I had a total low blood sugar attack and suddenly thought wait a minute. So, he tested me . . . 73. So, I'm eating some carbs and protein and already feeling better! Whew! Interesting to note that what I have THOUGHT was happening all along is actually what's happening. Or in the words of Mr W, "So, when you say you have low blood sugar, what you mean is you have low blood sugar." Yes, dear, that's what I mean.
7. We're off to find a love seat for the kids to watch TV on. I'm tired to death of the bean bags all over the floor. My rocker will go to school so that I can read to the kids while sitting it in. I like that idea.